Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Fat Sandwich



My Fat sandwich

I realize that I have a few versions of the fat sandwich. This one is my everyday. I started eating them on the way to a New Years Eve weekend one year.
What could be better than fat on fat on bread. Truly!

1 ripe avocado, preferable around February when they're best
2 teaspoons meyer lemon juice
2 tablespoons of soft salted rich European butter
1 teaspoon very fine extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
3 slices of crusty artisinal peasant bread, toasted or not

Halve and pitt the avocado(see below). Use a fork to mash each half within its shell. Add the Meyer lemon juice and olive oil, mash a bit more to combine, season with salt and pepper. Slather the bread with soft butter, then smear the avocado mixture on top.


Use a knife to cut the avocado lengthwise in half. Turn the halves to separate. Use a large knife to crack into the pit, lodging it lightly on the blade. turn the knife, this will release the pit.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my new favorite breakfast sandwich!
I also tried your tip about using the Parmesan rind as a flavor enhancer. I put it inside a chicken and baked it in my French Oven. It was absolutely delicious.
A.Juell

March 22, 2008 at 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my new favorite breakfast sandwich!
I also tried your tip about using the Parmesan rind as a flavor enhancer. I put it inside a chicken and baked it in my French Oven. It was delicious.

March 22, 2008 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I can vouch for this sandwich. Delish!

March 27, 2008 at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home